Monday, June 25, 2012

Graduation Quilt

This is a quilt I was given after my graduation from high school. I am the youngest grandchild on my dad's side and all the other grandchildren received quilts for graduation. My Grandma Norman passed away when I was 8, so I knew I wouldn't be receiving a graduation quilt. I had thought about it off and on my senior year and how I wouldn't have that sentimental gift to always remember her by. Graduation night I opened a large box to reveal this quilt with this note attached. After my grandmother had passed away they found this in her closet and hid it from me for 10 years, just for this special night.


2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful story and a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalee,
    This is a touching story... thinking about all the love and hours that went into making this artistic gift, and then to have her handwriting on the paper. It's really like a time machine, giving you a forever connection to someone who loved you very much.

    ReplyDelete